How To Write A Strong Biographical Research Paper Thesis Statement
If you want to know how to write a strong biographical research paper thesis statement you need to first understand the purpose of the biographical work.
The biographical essay is a narrative type of writing, one where you write about the life and the personality of a significant figure who actually lived and was not fiction. The subject must be a real life subject and it must account for one or more important events that took place in the life of the subject while simultaneously describing the key character traits of the subject.
This type of assignment requires a thesis statement which states the idea about the life and the achievements of the subject which you are going to explore in the body of your content.
- In order to come up with a great thesis you have to first select the person whose life is interesting to you. This is considered your subject and what you have your subject you want to make notes about the things you already know about that person and the events that took place in their life.
- Once this is done you need to gather information about that person and their life so that you can figure out exactly what aspects of their life you want to cover in the span of your assignment. From there you should write down questions that will serve to better direct your research efforts.
- Based on your research you want to make some decisions about the personality of your subject and what things that person valued, whether their history personally and their character traits influenced their life or decisions, etc. These are important components to your overall creative writing.
- Finally you can write your thesis statement. Once you have learned a great deal about your subject and you have taken some time to reflect upon their life and their personality you are ready to write your thesis. Remember that this statement should be a single sentence and in the single sentence you should build to answer the question, what is it that you are trying to show to the reader about your subject?
- You want to be flexible and avoid using first person. Be flexible in that you might find research indicates or something more exciting to you about the events of your subject’s life than you previously thought and you might want to change your thesis to reflect that. Avoid first-person because your teacher knows that the paper is your paper and therefore they know that you are the person responsible for the research efforts.